Sweet Corn Pudding
Yields about 30-35 orders
- 6 quarts half and half
- 2 # unsalted butter
- 1 quart corn puree (2 quart of kernels blended)
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup corn meal - fine
- 6 quarts fresh corn kernels (9# of kernels, or ½ case)
- Sauté the corn kernels in the butter and season with salt.
- In a large pot, bring the half and half to a boil.
- Add the Sautéed corn to the half and half, bring to boil.
- Wisk-in the corn puree and sugar.
- Once this mixture returns to a boil, whisk in the corn meal.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until the corn pudding thickens.
- Season with salt Garnish with brown butter and chives